1. Identifying Japanese stiltgrass, and how not to spread it!
If you make stiltgrass rope, you should leave it in the areas already invaded by stiltgrass, DO NOT carry it elsewhere!
2. Making grass bundles/strands for twisting cordage
3. How to start the twisting/reverse-wrapping
4. How to add more grass/fiber by splicing
5. The value of grass rope as a wood substitute for fuel
You can practice twisting cordage at home with a foot or two of toilet paper, a narrow strip of paper towel, plastic grocery bags, etc.
There are also many great natural plant sources of fiber for cordage, like: