We are wrapping up an amazing Fall session of the Natural Leaders program.
Some big highlights for me were the primitive pottery, walnut-husk dyeing, and basketry.
And still more satisfying is seeing students leading the program.
Students navigating, taking photos, teaching skills, leading games, teaching about hazards, sharing stories, planning out our days and more.
We just love seeing student competence. But even more than competence, we love to see the student pursuit of competence, the willingness to go out on a limb and just do one’s best, regardless of skill level.
Keep a look out for a few more Adventure Reports from this last week of the Fall session. And if you're new here, take a look at our next fall session. Registration is now up and some classes fill quickly!
- Lorton, Mondays, co-ed, starts 11/5
- Crownsville, Tuesdays, co-ed, starts 11/6
- Reston, Thursdays, boys, starts 11/8
- Bowie, Thursdays, co-ed, starts 11/1
- Falls Church, Fridays, co-ed, starts 11/9